Tips To Keep In Mind Before a Claim Even Occurs
Making an insurance claim can sometimes be a stressful experience. Unfortunately most people don’t pay enough attention to their insurance cover until a claim event occurs. We strongly advocate frequent reviews of your insurance needs to ensure that adequate coverage is in place in the event of a claim. Consider using the services of a qualified insurance professional to navigate you through all the available options.
Some pre-claim tips to keep in mind
The claims process will be much smoother if you ensure you have done the following:
- Read the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) — pay attention to the exclusions listed for your cover to ensure you don’t go through the claims process only to find that what you’re claiming for isn’t actually covered.
- Pay your premium — make sure to keep your policy current by paying your premium promptly or your claim will be denied.
- Review your policy each year at renewal to make sure you still have the correct cover in place and update values where necessary.
- Tell your insurer or broker of any changes to your details or circumstances.
- Take photos of your assets and keep all receipts and invoices – these will come in handy if you insurer requests proof of purchase.
- Make sure there is a system in place for backups.
Do you have any questions about your insurance needs or coverage in the event of a claim? Please contact us and we can help you every step of the way.